Lately, I’ve been hearing many reports of praise of people saying that some of my brother’s and sister’s are good and exemplary people. They have also said things like “I’ve never met anyone like you guys before.” It brought up to mind the story where a young ruler proclaims that Jesus is good, and then Jesus responds, no one is good but God alone. (Mark 10:17-21) Or when Jesus did miracles and then the crowds marveled and praised God in the Gospels. Those same things are happening now.
I am stoked to be honest because I have never seen many situations where my brother’s and sister’s have been filled with the Holy Spirit and driven to do his works in America, so that this what is written is actually fulfilled, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 5:16) I think it shows that true Christianity and Jesus living in his people is not dead in America. I was so encouraged over the last month that God isn’t done with America, he hasn’t left us to our own ways that are leading to destruction but just maybe is raising up true men and women of the faith.
Here are some of the stories that I’ve witnessed lately that testify of God’s goodness and Him living in his saints.
1. Some brother’s that were cooking for their own dinner saw their neighbors outside studying by the pool and they went outside and served their neighbors tacos. And it built an immediate relationship that is going to last because God led his people to go take their faith outside the walls of the church.
2. Two sisters in the church were praying spontaneously on campus when a brother walked by and they asked him to join them in praying for their missions to Asia this summer. That brother is going to be my future roommate next year and he is the most legit Korean guy I know because he is every bit as passionate about Jesus as Koreans are prideful about being Korean :)
3. My brother during midterms week stayed with a sister to study for hours and went and brought back her and her friends In and Out to their study room. And his sisters responded that he was good. A faithful and humble servant, that doesn’t speak many words but his actions speak much louder.
4. A woman touched by some brother’s kindness and keeps offering to cook for them food. Spring rolls, Pho, Cajun Pasta from Scratch, offering to drive them to school when its 100 degrees outside, offers to help them make beads for their Home group, offers to help them find an apartment.
5. Random bros that haven’t spoken in a while since their last super heart to heart conversation. Immediately turns into a prayerful and deep conversation where both brother’s get prayed for and loved upon mutually demonstrating God’s plan that he always designed brothers to dwell together in unity until all achieve maturity in the faith through the Spirit which makes us holy.
God is GOOD